- to help learners practise their listening for specific information by answering comprehension questions and T/F statements.
- to offer learners the opportunity to practise their speaking skills by expressing their own views on the Notre Dame disaster, by participating in a debate, etc.
- to introduce topic-related lexis, e.g. symbolic, narrative, confront, discomforted, etc.
- to raise learners’ awareness of what constitutes a symbol of culture and the different factors that affect this decision.
- learner handout
- cards with words
- cards with definitions
- Video link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lrd9Q8COF5Y&t=1s
Cards with definitions a-j
Hope you like it!
Please, let me know in the comments what your students thought if you decide to use the materials!
Alexander has been an English language teacher for 14 years during which he has taught in a variety of teaching contexts. He obtained his Cambridge CELTA Certificate in 2006 and his Cambridge DELTA Diploma in 2009. He is currently doing his MA in ELT distance course at the University of Reading.
Since 2010, Alexander has been working as a CELTA Tutor at CELT Athens and has also worked as a CELTA trainer in China and South Africa. He is also a Cambridge Delta Module Two tutor.
He is the blog author of ‘To the CELTA and Beyond’ and has written articles for Modern English Teacher and ELT News.