Ten years of Greek Preschool Teachers in England
Christina Panagopoulou, Reception Teacher
MA, BA Hons, Q.T.S.
My career journey in the U.K.
- Graduated BA Hons Early Years at the University of Patras in May, 2008.
- Moved to the U.K. October 2008.
- 2008-2011: Nursery Nurse across private Day Nurseries with babies and toddlers aged 0-2- qualified Baby Massage Instructor.
- 2011-2012: Teacher of Kindergarten at a renown English speaking school of Athens and independent Baby Massage Instructor.
- 2012- 2013: Returned to London- worked as senior leader at the Nursery section of an independent school (age group 3-4s)
- 2014: Received Q.T.S. and commenced Supply Teaching.
- 2015: Received first long-term supply position for two terms.
- 2016-Present: Permanent Reception Teacher in Newham at a state-maintained school
- 2017-Present: MA Comparative Education, U.C.L.
The creation of “Nipiagogoi stin Agglia”
(Greek Early Years Teachers in the UK)
- Unofficially began in 2008 through my personal forum in a page called ‘’Nipiagogos’’ (Early Years Teacher) with the first few early years professionals contacting me through the forum for career guidance.
- For the first 3-4 years we built a friendly community of mutual support and created links with Day Nurseries.
- Official page creation in 2012-2013 which reached 100,000 viewers within its first few months.
- Gradually expanded to offer information about Q.T.S. Teachers of other sectors upon demand.
- Website nipiagogoistinagglia.com currently under construction.
The purpose of ‘’Nipiagogoi stin Agglia’’
- Information on degree equivalence and Q.T.S. procedures.
- Information on salaries, expenses and living costs.
- Relocation, NIN, and GP registration advice.
- CV building, interview and trial lesson advice.
- EYFS, Phonics and Safeguarding tutorials.
- Connections with good and trustworthy Nurseries and Recruiters to seek employment.
- Living on a budget.
- Gaining extra income.
- Free time and leisure.
- Literacy and writing.
- Living on a budget
- Career progression within the Early Years and Education sector.
- Advice regarding good early years settings to work for.
- Problems to avoid, from troublesome flat shares to troublesome bank account opening procedures.
Christina’s new website can be accessed on the following website link: www.teachintheuk.com
(Επικοινωνήστε με τον αρθρογράφο εδώ: email@example.com)